Noun(1) the performance of a part or role in a drama
Verb(1) perform an action, or work out or perform (an action(2) behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself(3) play a role or part(4) discharge one's duties(5) pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind(6) be suitable for theatrical performance(7) have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected(8) be engaged in an activity, often for no particular purpose other than pleasure(9) behave unnaturally or affectedly(10) perform on a stage or theater
Adjective(1) serving temporarily especially as a substitute
(1) The acting director spoke out as officials from the Department of Health began to study the report of Lord Laming's public inquiry into the death of Victoria Climbie.(2) The writer is the acting director for UN economic development and environmental affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.(3) It was his duty as acting sheriff until his brother was back to protect her.(4) But Flanagan already has a new team lined up, with George Watt, Hughes's second in command, installed as acting finance director.(5) Saint came from the school of acting where motivation for action was crucial to understanding your character.(6) We talked a lot about Fifties-style acting , especially Montgomery Clift.(7) Upon my second viewing, I discovered a sweet film with exceptional acting .(8) A temporary manager may be brought in to run the City of York Council's education department after the departure of acting director Chris Edwards.(9) Chief executive David Atkinson and acting assistant director of education Murray Rose were travelling to Croydon with Mr Edwards to receive the award today.(10) But she already had a letter showing she had passed her probationary period, signed by her acting duty station manger.(11) It was originally said by administration officials that they would probably keep John McLaughlin on as the acting director at least through the election.(12) With no rewards in the writing, the cinematography, and dismal acting , that's asking way too much.(13) A police spokesman said he resigned on February 8 and that his number two, David Shefneux, head of finance, became acting finance director the next day.(14) Though born and brought up in a conservative Sikh family in Norway, she always had a dream of acting in a Bollywood film.(15) However, he will remain on leave until then, with college registrar Vincent McCarthy continuing as acting director until a new appointment is made.(16) Mr. Paulison, who is the acting director of FEMA, is with me.
(1) act :: અધિનિયમ
(2) acting director :: અભિનય ડિરેક્ટર
(3) play-acting :: રમતમાં અભિનય
(4) way of acting :: અભિનય માર્ગ
(5) acting manager :: અભિનય વ્યવસ્થાપક
(6) self-acting :: સ્વ અભિનય
(7) acting president :: કાર્યકારી પ્રમુખ
(8) direct acting :: સીધા અભિનય
(9) single-acting :: સિંગલ-અભિનય
1. temporary ::
2. interim ::
3. caretaker ::
4. pro tem ::
5. pro tempore ::
6. provisional ::
7. stopgap ::
8. deputy ::
9. stand-in ::
10. fill-in ::
11. pinch-hitting ::
12. drama ::
13. the theater ::
14. the stage ::
15. the performing arts ::
17. dramatics ::
18. dramaturgy ::
19. stagecraft ::
21. treading the boards ::
બોર્ડ ઇશારે નાચવા લાગ્યા
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Why are you ACTING
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 8
- You quit ACTING?
- Kind of.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
...and you were ACTING
like an obnoxious giant dictator?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 1
I've been ACTING
like the game is over,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 10
And you thought my ACTING lessons
were a waste of money.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
English to Gujarati Dictionary: acting
Meaning and definitions of acting, translation in Gujarati language for acting with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of acting in Gujarati and in English language.
Tags for the entry "acting"
What acting means in Gujarati, acting meaning in Gujarati, acting definition, examples and pronunciation of acting in Gujarati language.