Noun(1) a substance that unites or bonds surfaces together
Adjective(1) tending to adhere
(1) Britain's first adhesive postage stamp, the Penny Black, had been launched just seven months earlier.(2) Now the average consumer can forget about toying with adhesive labels and just print right to the disc.(3) His own name and address were present, printed on a generic adhesive label.(4) Cut two squares, a half-inch wider and taller than the opening, from clear adhesive paper.(5) One color can simply be left plain, while the other can be distinguished with a simple piece of tape or adhesive dot.(6) The owner places adhesive labels or tags on each item he or she cannot afford to lose.(7) Once you've removed the graphic, you'll probably find areas of adhesive residue remain on the bodywork.(8) He also has a piece of adhesive gum with drawing pins sunk in it which, when combined with a thick rubber band, makes a horrifying catapult.(9) There were also lots of the plaques obviously missing, with just the swirls of adhesive remaining on the bricks.(10) Dawn soaked a cotton ball with adhesive remover and then applied it with gentle dabs to Nikolas' jaw.(11) The serial numbers are printed on adhesive strips, so I put the strip on the case.(12) Is that a more courteous and smooth version of adhesive label?(13) I recommend ribbon tape, which has a little more adhesive , but may be more likely to cause a tape allergy.(14) The electrodes should be attached to the skin by double-sided adhesive collars.(15) Insect adhesive organs are either smooth and deformable cuticle pads or fields of adhesive setae.(16) Many other gastropods use mucus to attach to the substratum with varying degrees of adhesive strength.
(1) adhesive tape :: એડહેસિવ ટેપ
(2) adhesive bandage :: એડહેસિવ બેન્ડેજ
(3) adhesive plaster :: એડહેસિવ પ્લાસ્ટર
(4) self-adhesive :: સ્વ એડહેસિવ
(5) adhesive bonding :: એડહેસિવ બંધન
(6) adhesive paper :: એડહેસિવ કાગળ
(7) adhesive strength :: એડહેસિવ તાકાત
(8) adhesive label :: એડહેસિવ લેબલ
(9) clear adhesive tape :: સ્પષ્ટ એડહેસિવ ટેપ
1. sticky ::
2. tacky ::
5. stick-on ::
6. self-stick ::
8. viscous ::
9. viscid ::
10. adherent ::
11. glue ::
12. fixative ::
13. gum ::
14. paste ::
15. cement ::
16. mucilage ::
17. stickum ::
adhesive, adhesiveness, adhesives, nonadhesive
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Yes, well, I'm polymerized tree sap,
and you're an inorganic ADHESIVE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
English to Gujarati Dictionary: adhesive
Meaning and definitions of adhesive, translation in Gujarati language for adhesive with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of adhesive in Gujarati and in English language.
Tags for the entry "adhesive"
What adhesive means in Gujarati, adhesive meaning in Gujarati, adhesive definition, examples and pronunciation of adhesive in Gujarati language.