Noun(1) diurnal insect typically having a slender body with knobbed antennae and broad colorful wings(2) a swimming stroke in which the arms are thrown forward together out of the water while the feet kick up and down
Verb(1) flutter like a butterfly(2) cut and spread open, as in preparation for cooking(3) talk or behave amorously, without serious intentions
(1) Reese predicts that the bulk of the team's points will come from middle distance freestyle, butterfly , backstroke and diving.(2) Tiny scales cover the adult butterfly 's wings that aid them during these critical searches.(3) Friday still will be family night, although our daughter, Adrienne, is 14 and has become a social butterfly .(4) I have decided that I'm not cut out to be a social butterfly .(5) The real kicker for this cover is its silvery, holographic pattern of a butterfly 's wing as a background to the larger white silhouette.(6) Back on the ground, we sat up straight and drew our feet together into a butterfly .(7) She seemed a social butterfly to him, and in one morning, she had already been invited to five places, and she assured all five people she'd call them and discuss details.(8) But Max, who is actually much more of a social butterfly than I am, insisted.(9) The social butterfly was also a very hard worker.(10) Is it because the shop was out of butterfly clips?(11) She then backed up to win a bronze medal behind the USA's Thompson in the 50m butterfly in a time of 26.53.(12) a social butterfly(13) Bizcochito, an anise-flavored sugar cookie molded by hand into a butterfly shape.(14) Any swimming stroke will help improve your stride, but the butterfly translates best to cross-country skiing.(15) Her long, straight blond hair was piled messily on top of her head and twinkled with sparkly butterfly clips and hairpins.(16) In butterfly , shoulder flexibility can facilitate the arm recovery and can save energy for the important underwater pull.
(1) butterfly net :: બટરફ્લાય ચોખ્ખી
(2) butterfly valve :: બટરફ્લાય વાલ્વ
(3) social butterfly :: સામાજિક બટરફ્લાય
(4) monarch butterfly :: મોનાર્ક પતંગિયા
(5) butterfly stroke :: બટરફ્લાય સ્ટ્રોક
(6) peacock butterfly :: મોર બટરફ્લાય
(7) red butterfly :: લાલ બટરફ્લાય
(8) butterfly knife :: બટરફ્લાય છરી
1. butterfly stroke ::
2. coquet ::
3. romance ::
4. flirt ::
5. dally ::
6. philander ::
7. mash ::
8. chat up ::
9. coquette ::
butterflies, butterfly, butterflying
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A BUTTERFLY could've gotten
himself home from Arizona.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 1
I ate a BUTTERFLY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 18
"Look, Mommy-- a BUTTERFLY."
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 1
I'm a BUTTERFLY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 6
If Sheldon's testosterone dipped,
he'd become a BUTTERFLY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 21
English to Gujarati Dictionary: butterfly
Meaning and definitions of butterfly, translation in Gujarati language for butterfly with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of butterfly in Gujarati and in English language.
Tags for the entry "butterfly"
What butterfly means in Gujarati, butterfly meaning in Gujarati, butterfly definition, examples and pronunciation of butterfly in Gujarati language.