Noun(1) a thin pliable sheet of material(2) a pliable sheet of tissue that covers or lines or connects the organs or cells of animals or plants
(1) The ridge of the roof is a water channel from which water overflows onto the thin roofing membrane of stone and glass.(2) Carefully slice away the thin membrane which covers the monkfish tail, to reveal the firm white meat.(3) the mucous membrane(4) Structurally it is a membrane surrounding the heart, and physiologically it protects the heart.(5) The cost of labor is virtually the same as for the thinner membrane , but puncture resistance is greatly enhanced.(6) Because of surface tension, the water does not fall out of the tiny hole, although a thin membrane may be added, just to be safe.(7) the nucleus is a distinct region with a membrane around it(8) So many layers of colour have been piled on the canvas that a rubbery membrane of paint hangs over the sharp edges of the frame.(9) the concrete should include a membrane to prevent water seepage(10) Fibers in the wing membrane added structural support and stiffness.(11) the concrete should include a membrane to prevent rising damp(12) Our brains are literally made of fat and our nerves are sheathed in thin membranes of it.(13) A closely related plant, S. jamaicensis, which has darker blue-mauve flowers and fleshy rather than membranaceous leaves, grows in the Northern Territory and probably also occurs in the Kimberley.(14) This phospholipid bilayer is the fundamental structure of all biological membranes .(15) Osmosis is important in food preparation because the cell walls of living organisms are semipermeable membranes .(16) The ├ö├ç├┐paala├ö├ç├û is non-absorbent, has a membraneous coating and could be used as an eco-friendly substitute for plastic glasses and vessels.
(1) cell membrane :: કોષ પટલ
(2) mucous membrane :: મ્યુકોસ મેમ્બ્રેન
(3) plasma membrane :: પ્લાઝમા મેમ્બ્રેન
(4) basement membrane :: ભોંયરામાં પટલ
(5) tympanic membrane :: tympanic પટલ
(6) nuclear membrane :: પરમાણુ પટલ
(7) virginal membrane :: તત્ત્વનોનો પટલ
(8) membrane potential :: કલા વીજસ્થિતિમાન
(9) semipermeable membrane :: semipermeable પટલ
(10) synovial membrane :: સાયનોવિયલ કલા
1. layer ::
2. sheet ::
3. skin ::
4. film ::
5. tissue ::
6. integument ::
7. overlay ::
8. pellicle ::
English to Gujarati Dictionary: membrane
Meaning and definitions of membrane, translation in Gujarati language for membrane with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of membrane in Gujarati and in English language.
Tags for the entry "membrane"
What membrane means in Gujarati, membrane meaning in Gujarati, membrane definition, examples and pronunciation of membrane in Gujarati language.