રતલ, રખડતાં ઢોરને પુરવાનો વાડોતોલ કરવાનું એક પરિમાણ, રતલ, 20 શિલિંગની કિંમતનો ઈંગલેંડનો ચલણી સિક્કોમારવું
Noun(1) 16 ounces avoirdupois(2) the basic unit of money in Great Britain and Northern Ireland; equal to 100 pence(3) a unit of apothecary weight equal to 12 ounces troy(4) the basic unit of money in Syria; equal to 100 piasters(5) the basic unit of money in the Sudan; equal to 100 piasters(6) the basic unit of money in Lebanon; equal to 100 piasters(7) formerly the basic unit of money in Ireland; equal to 100 pence(8) the basic unit of money in Egypt; equal to 100 piasters(9) the basic unit of money in Cyprus; equal to 100 cents(10) a nontechnical unit of force equal to the mass of 1 pound with an acceleration of free fall equal to 32 feet/sec/sec(11) United States writer who lived in Europe; strongly influenced the development of modern literature (1885-1972(12) a symbol for a unit of currency (especially for the pound sterling in Great Britain(13) a public enclosure for stray or unlicensed dogs(14) the act of pounding (delivering repeated heavy blows
Verb(1) hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument(2) strike or drive against with a heavy impact(3) move heavily or clumsily(4) move rhythmically(5) partition off into compartments(6) shut up or confine in any enclosure or within any bounds or limits(7) place or shut up in a pound(8) break down and crush by beating, as with a pestle
(1) Using a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic and chili pepper with olive oil to form a rough paste.(2) It's a curious truth that, in the middle of a multi-million pound anti-truancy drive, most of the people this campaign is aimed at simply don't know what those in authority are talking about.(3) Still moving, we drew nearer to the location and our hearts began to pound faster.(4) That was a mistake and that gave his opponent the chance to pound at his back.(5) Whiz them to a powder using a spice or coffee grinder, or pound them in a pestle and mortar.(6) At 1930 he and many other vehicles that had been stopped were escorted by police to the pound in East London, where our bakkie was impounded.(7) the Irish pound(8) The dollar will continue to slide against the Euro and the Pound, reaching a low of $2 to the pound before the middle of the year (and possibly sinking further).(9) Writing, which ought to nurture and give shape to thought, is instead being used to pound it into a powder and then reconstitute it into gruel.(10) to pound sth to a pulp(11) Few teams have the personnel to slow down an opponent that can effectively run the break and also pound you inside.(12) pound the cloves with salt and pepper until smooth(13) I could hear ten pairs of heavy feet pound past me as Julius yanked me up.(14) They were dogs that had not the karma of household pets, or strays at the pound , but that of the seekers of ecumenical truth.(15) He appealed to owners to take responsibility for their unwanted pets by phoning the dog warden or by dropping the animal to their local pound or animal sanctuary.(16) She narrowed her eyes and turned to the door, wanting to pound whoever was out there.
(1) pound sterling :: પાઉન્ડ સ્ટર્લિંગ
(2) half a pound :: અડધા પાઉન્ડ
(3) one pound :: એક પાઉન્ડ
(4) pound sign :: પાઉન્ડ ચિહ્ન
(5) dog pound :: કૂતરો પાઉન્ડ
(6) pound of flesh :: દેહના પાઉન્ડ
(7) to pound :: પાઉન્ડ
(8) half pound :: અડધા પાઉન્ડ
(9) pound note :: પાઉન્ડ નોટ
1. enclosure ::
2. dog pound ::
4. pound sterling ::
5. pound sign ::
6. punt ::
7. beat ::
8. beat against ::
9. bombard ::
10. crush ::
12. throb ::
13. thump ::
14. poke ::
15. pound up ::
16. lumber ::
17. ram down ::
18. impound ::
pound, pounded, pounding, poundings, pounds
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Say he's wholesaling at
40 large a POUND.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
Should be. It's $30 a POUND.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 5
I gave you 1 POUND,
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
who ran back
to the POUND.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 4
And about a POUND of Crisco.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
English to Gujarati Dictionary: pound
Meaning and definitions of pound, translation in Gujarati language for pound with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of pound in Gujarati and in English
Tags for the entry "pound"
What pound means in Gujarati, pound meaning
in Gujarati, pound definition, examples and pronunciation
of pound in Gujarati language.