Noun(1) the act of applying force in order to move something away(2) the force used in pushing(3) enterprising or ambitious drive(4) an electrical switch operated by pressing(5) an effort to advance
Verb(1) move with force(2) press, drive, or impel (someone(3) make publicity for; try to sell (a product(4) strive and make an effort to reach a goal(5) press against forcefully without moving(6) approach a certain age or speed(7) exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for(8) sell or promote the sale of (illegal goods such as drugs(9) move strenuously and with effort(10) make strenuous pushing movements during birth to expel the baby
(1) The soldier in the front, the one who I had cut, growled in rage as I passed and tried to push past Raman.(2) After that the car was so consistent the whole race that I was really able to push hard, until the last 15 laps.(3) The computer is turned on by a long push of either button.(4) The visitors were denied a third goal on 69 minutes when Sills crashed a powerful volley into the roof of the net but his effort was ruled out for an innocuous push .(5) Spitz looked back at the wisecracking Kai and with a little push , Kai was knocked out again.(6) he closed the door with a push(7) There was a push , a punch and another blow then a complaint to the police.(8) The sound can usually be turned off by a button push .(9) The push to downsize the military and privatize functions means government contracts are a growth industry.(10) Go from the acoustic response of a baroque concert hall to that of a 10,000-seat arena or a gothic cathedral with the push of a button.(11) One upcoming promotion will push the redesigned CNN Headline News to the local ad sales community.(12) It attributes this growth to more affluent online shoppers, an ecommerce push by traditional retailers and the aggressive promotion of online stores.(13) Just push open the door and walk straight up to the bar.(14) She used what body parts she could to push herself into sitting position.(15) He noted that the TV station's ratings have responded to recent programming changes, and a strong push of promotion will help even more.(16) As reported in Monday's Evening Press, York Police have launched a new push to remove beggars from York's streets.
(1) to push :: ધક્કો મારવો
(2) push out :: બહાર ધક્કો મારો
(3) push on :: પર દબાણ
(4) push back :: પાછ્લ ખેચવુ
(5) push off :: બહાર ધકેલો
(6) push button :: પુશ બટન
(7) push down :: નીચે તરફ ધકેલો
(8) push-up :: ઉપર દબાણ
(9) push away :: દૂર દબાણ
1. shove ::
2. advance ::
3. energy ::
4. pushing ::
5. button ::
6. thrust ::
7. shove ::
8. force ::
9. press ::
10. urge ::
11. advertise ::
12. promote ::
13. fight ::
14. bear on ::
15. crowd ::
16. labor ::
push, pushed, pusher, pushers, pushes, pushily, pushing, pushy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Drive up, PUSH the button
and let's see what happens.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
so we're pretty much screwed,
because he can just PUSH
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
- Why would PUSH come to shove?
- Has Walter ever talked to you...
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 13
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 22
- Thank you.
- Don't PUSH me.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
English to Gujarati Dictionary: push
Meaning and definitions of push, translation in Gujarati language for push with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of push in Gujarati and in English language.
Tags for the entry "push"
What push means in Gujarati, push meaning in Gujarati, push definition, examples and pronunciation of push in Gujarati language.