Noun(1) the region of the United States lying to the south of the Mason-Dixon line(2) the southern states that seceded from the United States in 1861(3) the cardinal compass point that is at 180 degrees(4) a location in the southern part of a country, region, or city(5) the direction corresponding to the southward cardinal compass point
Adjective(1) situated in or facing or moving toward or coming from the south
Adverb(1) in a southern direction
(1) The only point left on the compass to follow was south .(2) The weather was hot, and a south wind grew steadily all day.(3) The money will be used to enhance provisions at locations around the south Armagh area.(4) Epsom and Ewell's historians assume that he would have found it hard to maintain course and so could not land at any of the airfields near the south coast.(5) The vineyards lie in the valleys sandwiched between the mountains of western Otago and the hills to the south and east.(6) To date, we have recorded aftershocks over a broad region, primarily extending to the south and east of the epicenter.(7) Perhaps, young and experienced as they are, they fly south every time it feels a bit like winter.(8) the south bank(9) Monica moved from Bangladesh to Bolton when she was just three and a half years old and her parents still live in the south of the town.(10) The plan had been to drive south all morning, stopping off at various orchards and demonstration fields along the way.(11) However, there is a massive rock, on the edge of the channel, near the south shore.(12) on the south coast(13) They will visit homes in the south of the town to issue leaflets and offer advice, and will also be on patrol in Knaresborough and Ripon.(14) They apparently walked to the south in the direction of Pakistan and at around 6am were approached by soldiers from a nearby army post.(15) We are also off to the south coast today for a week's paddling near Hastings.(16) And even in the south there remained regions, such as the Wicklow uplands, which were still Gaelic in social complexion.
(1) south-west :: દક્ષિણ-પશ્ચિમ
(2) in the south :: દક્ષિણ માં
(3) go south :: દક્ષિણ જાઓ
(4) to the south :: દક્ષિણમાં
(5) down south :: નીચે દક્ષિણમાં
(6) south side :: દક્ષીણ બાજુ
(7) from the south :: દક્ષિણમાંથી
(8) due south :: કારણે દક્ષિણ
(9) south coast :: દક્ષિણ કિનારે
(10) south wind :: દક્ષિણ પવન
1. southern ::
2. southerly ::
3. meridional ::
4. austral ::
6. southward ::
7. to the south ::
8. in the south ::
south, souths, southward, southwards
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If we go SOUTH to the land of the Lhazareen,
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
We're not like the people
SOUTH of the Twins.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 1
I belong here with you, not down SOUTH
in that rats' nest they call a capital.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 1
Is that what lords
do to their ladies in the South?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
Meant to get much further SOUTH than this.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
English to Gujarati Dictionary: south
Meaning and definitions of south, translation in Gujarati language for south with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of south in Gujarati and in English language.
Tags for the entry "south"
What south means in Gujarati, south meaning in Gujarati, south definition, examples and pronunciation of south in Gujarati language.