સખત, કડક, મુશ્કેલ, હઠીલુંઅક્કડ
Noun(1) an ordinary man(2) the dead body of a human being
Adjective(1) not moving or operating freely(2) powerful(3) rigidly formal(4) having a strong physiological or chemical effect(5) marked by firm determination or resolution; not shakable(6) incapable of or resistant to bending(7) very drunk
Adverb(1) extremely(2) in a stiff manner
(1) She could do with a stiff drink after all the riding and running she'd done today.(2) My legs were stiff and a little sore from sitting still so long.(3) If your elbows get too straight they will be stiff and you can easily get pulled out of the saddle.(4) By insisting, however, on such a stiff income tax rate, the allied powers had created ample opportunities for the scheme just described.(5) However, outside of China, in Japan for instance, such an effort will meet stiff resistance from habit users and from simple economic forces.(6) She shut the door, sealing herself off from the noise, and poured herself a stiff drink.(7) Fulner sat in his chair for a few moments, scared stiff , before regaining his composure and speaking.(8) With all that cash tucked under the mattress, it is not easy for a working stiff to understand why he wants to do an Edinburgh show.(9) Fortunately, I'm currently in the midst of sobering up a little before I go to sleep, thanks to the stiff breeze blowing in through my bedroom window.(10) It was obvious these guys were scared stiff of something, but what?(11) Recent, but unconfirmed reports, suggests the stiff competition and generally tough trading conditions has not been as bad as previously expected.(12) I'm going to go have a stiff drink and try to forget I ever heard about this.(13) "This is a fairly stiff penalty for what we did," said Norris.(14) And it's been the kind of week so far that makes you want a nice stiff drink.(15) Be prepared for a stiff climb, but the sundial and the view of Houghton and Hillbrow is worth the huffing and puffing.(16) The water content of doughnut mixtures is important; the dough must be stiff enough to be shaped, but still contain plenty of moisture to give the light spongy texture of the cooked product.
(1) stiff neck :: સખત ગરદન
(2) scared stiff :: ભયભીત સખત
(3) stiff upper lip :: સખત ઉપલા હોઠ
(4) stiff competition :: સખત સ્પર્ધા
(5) stiff-necked :: હઠીલા
(6) keep a stiff upper lip :: સખત ઉપલા હોઠ રાખવા
(7) bored stiff :: કંટાળો સખત
(8) stiff arm :: સખત હાથ
(9) very stiff :: ખૂબ સખત
(10) feel stiff :: સખત લાગે
1. rigid ::
2. semisolid ::
3. aching ::
4. formal ::
5. harsh ::
6. vigorous ::
7. difficult ::
8. strong ::
9. sozzled ::
10. steadfast ::
11. starchy ::
12. cadaver ::
1. flexible ::
2. pliable ::
3. pliant ::
4. supple ::
stiff, stiffed, stiffen, stiffened, stiffening, stiffens, stiffer, stiffest, stiffing, stiffly, stiffness, stiffs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Stiff? Whose STIFF y? What?
- Hey, hey.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
- Is there something wrong with your neck?
- It's a little STIFF.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 24
My neck's a little STIFF.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 22
I doubt anyone would risk
the STIFF penalties...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
You and your STIFF hair.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
English to Gujarati Dictionary: stiff
Meaning and definitions of stiff, translation in Gujarati language for stiff with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of stiff in Gujarati and in English language.
Tags for the entry "stiff"
What stiff means in Gujarati, stiff meaning in Gujarati, stiff definition, examples and pronunciation of stiff in Gujarati language.