Noun(1) a contemporary person(2) a typeface (based on an 18th century design by Gianbattista Bodoni
Adjective(1) belonging to the modern era; since the Middle Ages(2) relating to a recently developed fashion or style(3) characteristic of present-day art and music and literature and architecture(4) ahead of the times(5) used of a living language; being the current stage in its development
(1) The roof has been repaired and modern kitchen equipment installed.(2) I find that surprising, because there was an opportunity to completely redraft that part into modern language.(3) In this way, she presents a refreshing alternative to official and political histories of modern India.(4) Some examples of words which never made it into the modern language.(5) It was Sir Thomas More who thrust the words Utopia and Utopian into the canon of modern language.(6) Manchester is a hotbed of modern architecture and art.(7) It was an interesting display of modern equipment and technology.(8) By merely dubbing it as elitist or foreign we cannot wish away the fact that it is as much a part of our heritage as any other modern Indian language.(9) The grey bridges stood silently above the rivers, with the rubbish of modern life floating past occasionally.(10) Be happy to move with the times - be more modern and embrace more modern equipment and technology.(11) The event also saw the launch of a new Book of Common Prayer, containing services in traditional and modern language.(12) Hardly anything in modern art is more familiar than a Modigliani painting.(13) The play takes the audience through a remarkable journey from past to modern South Africa by means of dance and song.(14) It is humbling to remember that the two lives saved that day weren't due to fancy new techniques or expensive modern technology.(15) Some are remote from modern civilisation, others survive cheek by jowl with spreading towns and motorways.(16) he's a modern man
(1) modern times :: આધુનિક સમય
(2) modern life :: આધુનિક જીવન
(3) modern languages :: આધુનિક ભાષાઓમાં
(4) modern world :: આધુનિક વિશ્વમાં
(5) modern dance :: આધુનિક ડાન્સ
(6) modern conveniences :: આધુનિક સગવડતા
(7) very modern :: ખૂબ આધુનિક
(8) in modern times :: આધુનિક સમયમાં
(9) modern age :: આધુનિક યુગમાં
(10) modern history :: આધુનિક ઇતિહાસમાં
1. present-day ::
2. fashionable ::
3. advanced ::
5. new ::
1. antiquated ::
2. archaic ::
3. dated ::
4. fusty ::
5. musty ::
modern, modernization, modernly, modernness, moderns, postmodern
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...baffled by MODERN technology?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 22
It's gonna be pretty much sparse.
Very Asiany, MODERN stuff.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
What's wrong with me, I'm not supposed
to like museums or MODERN painters?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 6
But if you took advantage
of MODERN marketing techniques...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 18
Oh, it's so wonderful that you MODERN gals
can have it all.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
English to Gujarati Dictionary: modern
Meaning and definitions of modern, translation in Gujarati language for modern with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of modern in Gujarati and in English language.
Tags for the entry "modern"
What modern means in Gujarati, modern meaning in Gujarati, modern definition, examples and pronunciation of modern in Gujarati language.