વધસ્તંભ, પ્રતિકૂળ, ક્રૂસની આકૃતિ, આરપાર, એકબીજાને મધ્યબિંદુએ છેદતી બે લીટીઓની નિશાની કે ચિહ્ન, કસોટીચોકડી
Noun(1) a wooden structure consisting of an upright post with a transverse piece(2) a marking that consists of lines that cross each other(3) a representation of the structure on which Jesus was crucified; used as an emblem of Christianity or in heraldry(4) any affliction that causes great suffering(5) (genetics
Verb(1) travel across or pass over(2) meet at a point(3) hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires(4) fold so as to resemble a cross(5) to cover or extend over an area or time period(6) meet and pass(7) trace a line through or across(8) breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties
Adjective(1) extending or lying across; in a crosswise direction; at right angles to the long axis(2) annoyed and irritable
(1) Sincere faith and fortitude in the will of God gave him the strength to carry his cross .(2) Incidentally I wasn't serious when I suggested we and our friends might cross North Dakota off our list of prospective holiday destinations this summer.(3) His duties even called on him to be the first person to try out the cross for the Crucifixion scene.(4) The former Rochdale man delivered a pin-point low cross for top-scorer Foster to turn home from close range.(5) Covered only from waist down by white sheets, they evoked a cross between Greek statues and hospital patients.(6) This feeling coupled with the feeling of guilt that they are in some way or fashion responsible for their charge's condition is indeed a difficult cross to bear.(7) He added he was very cross and would stay mayor until the next council meeting on June 2 even if his brother returned wanting to take over office.(8) did they cross the bridge?(9) It was a deep black and similar to a Christian cross, except that the top half of the cross had been intersected thrice more, each line smaller than the last.(10) The driver couldn't get them open again so he was quite cross .(11) The farm's herd is a cross between the indigenous Wagyu and another quality export from Scotland, the Aberdeen Angus.(12) The cross of Christ, theologically speaking, was not an end in itself.(13) Folks will be even cross er when they can't take a shower because your shortsighted bulldozing of environmental protections has dirtied most of the water and dried up the rest.(14) Lately, he's taken to assailing university officials who dare to cross him on this explosive issue.(15) As opposed to the resurrection, the cross symbolises crucifixion.(16) If you really want to help, volunteer to make dinner or do laundry so Mom can cross a few things off her list.
(1) cross out :: બહાર પાર
(2) criss-cross :: ક્રિસ-ક્રોસ
(3) to cross :: પાર
(4) cross-country :: ક્રોસ દેશ
(5) cross the road :: માર્ગ પાર
(6) cross the street :: શેરી પાર
1. angry ::
2. transversal ::
3. ill-tempered ::
4. crucifix ::
ક્રૂસ ઉપરની ખ્રિસ્તની મૂર્તિ
5. burden ::
6. hybrid ::
7. crown of thorns ::
8. crisscross ::
10. crossbreed ::
11. travel across ::
12. span ::
13. intersect ::
14. oppose ::
15. hybridize ::
16. baffle ::
17. traverse ::
autocross, cross, crossed, crosser, crosses, crossest, crossly, crossness, crosswise, uncross, uncrosses
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
maybe we can both CROSS
a name off our list.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
Why did your ancestors CROSS the Narrow Sea
and conquer the Seven Kingdoms?
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
...and CROSS the T's, don't you?
- Why would you want...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 4
She wasn't gonna CROSS him.
No way, no how.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
He's holding the phone to his left ear.
Ears do not CROSS hemispheres.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
English to Gujarati Dictionary: cross
Meaning and definitions of cross, translation in Gujarati
language for cross with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of cross in Gujarati and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'cross'
What cross means in Gujarati, cross meaning
in Gujarati, cross
definition, examples and pronunciation
of cross in Gujarati language.