Noun(1) a basic generalization that is accepted as true and that can be used as a basis for reasoning or conduct(2) a rule or standard especially of good behavior(3) a basic truth or law or assumption(4) a rule or law concerning a natural phenomenon or the function of a complex system(5) rule of personal conduct(6) (law, especially an explanation of the working of some device in terms of laws of nature
(1) Seinfeld exposes the human destructiveness and lack of principle and morality that exist to some degree in all people.(2) Prof Southall is a man of great principle and he won't change his mind if he does not think his mind should be changed.(3) a man of principle(4) To do so is foolish and ill-mannered, invites scorn, and is contrary to the whole principle of the clan system.(5) the first principle of all things was water(6) This is a foundation principle of western justice and a basic human right.(7) these machines all operate on the same general principle(8) A physical principle called the diffraction limit says that light cannot be used to see or inscribe features that are smaller than half its wavelength.(9) Following the enlightenment principle of truth through reason alone, it was thought that history cannot be determined until theology has been removed.(10) However, in the attempt to unite, there must be no compromise of principle and professional integrity must reign supreme.(11) How in one walk of life a person can have such a rigid sense of right and wrong - and in another he can operate with a total disregard for principle , integrity and fair play.(12) The freedom to make a choice is the basic principle of our democratic world.(13) The evenly balanced scales of blind justice derive from this principle .(14) I admire and respect him for his repeated and unsung - even derided - demonstrations of integrity and principle .(15) But he's clearly a man of principle and unbending honesty - who, at times, can be cruelly insensitive, as when he tells a man he has casually examined that he has a tumour.(16) she resigned over a matter of principle
(1) in principle :: સૈદ્ધાંતિક રીતે
(2) guiding principle :: માર્ગદર્શક સિદ્ધાંત
(3) general principle :: સામાન્ય સિદ્ધાંત
(4) basic principle :: મૂળભૂત સિદ્ધાંત
(5) fundamental principle :: મૂળભૂત સિદ્ધાંત
(6) precautionary principle :: સાવચેતીભર્યા સિદ્ધાંતો
(7) pleasure principle :: આનંદ સિદ્ધાંત
(8) underlying principle :: અંતર્ગત સિદ્ધાંત
(9) uncertainty principle :: અનિશ્ચિતતા સિદ્ધાંત
(10) legal principle :: કાનૂની સિદ્ધાંત
1. truth ::
2. doctrine ::
4. rationale ::
5. precept ::
6. rule ::
principle, principled, principles
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The basic PRINCIPLE is, I lend you money,
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
...and I avoid contact with other people
on general PRINCIPLE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
Leonard, where do you stand
on the anthropic PRINCIPLE?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
...most accurate visualization
of a scientific PRINCIPLE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
In PRINCIPLE, you have a point.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
English to Gujarati Dictionary: principle
Meaning and definitions of principle, translation in Gujarati
language for principle with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of principle in Gujarati and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'principle'
What principle means in Gujarati, principle meaning
in Gujarati, principle
definition, examples and pronunciation
of principle in Gujarati language.