શાંતશાંતિ, શાંતતા, આરામ, સ્તબ્ધતા, રાજકીય શાંતિ, અવાજ કે ગતિ વિનાનું, સૌમ્ય સ્વભાવનું
Noun(1) a period of calm weather(2) an untroubled state; free from disturbances(3) the absence of sound(4) a disposition free from stress or emotion
Verb(1) become quiet or quieter(2) make calm or still
Adjective(1) characterized by an absence or near absence of agitation or activity(2) free of noise or uproar; or making little if any sound(3) not showy or obtrusive(4) in a softened tone(5) (of a body of water(6) (of the sun
Adverb(1) with little or no activity or no agitation (`quiet' is a nonstandard variant for `quietly'
(1) Already, a quiet drink in the pub is forever interrupted by people rattling charity boxes.(2) I have a right to live in peace and quiet like any human being.(3) There might be a quiet wedding with a few guests, followed by a party somewhere which might take place the same day or several months later.(4) I live downtown because I don't want that kind of peace and quiet .(5) His students and friends will always warmly remember him as a man of gentle, unassuming and quiet personality.(6) Personally, I love riding on trains that are nearly empty, just as my favourite pubs are the ones that no one else likes and where I can get a bit of peace and quiet .(7) I was compelled to go and have a quiet word with the lighting man, who very kindly obliged me and reduced the glare factor.(8) A very quiet individual, his gentlemanly manner endeared him to all who made his acquaintance.(9) It was the strangest sense, there was just quiet , no hysteria, no noise, no crying out.(10) He was quiet and unassuming gentleman who was very highly thought of by all who knew him.(11) The place is quiet , and I'm kinda excited to have my space back, but not excited enough to be glad they're gone.(12) The quiet in the apartment was calming, refreshing.(13) The launch of the play club was a family affair with carols galore and of course Santa cutting the ribbon and having a quiet word with the younger guests.(14) Exuding a quiet confidence, he is obviously somebody who is sure of his own abilities, yet unpresumptuous about what the future might hold.(15) Now elderly people at the centre are able to enjoy the herbs, flowers, flowing water and wind chimes when they need some peace and quiet .(16) There are several white marble benches to sit on to enjoy the quiet beauty of this secret garden.
(1) be quiet :: શાંત રહો
(2) keep quiet :: શાંતિ જાળવો
(3) very quiet :: ખૂબ જ શાંત
(4) peace and quiet :: શાંતિ અને શાંત
(5) quiet down :: નીચે શાંત
(6) quiet place :: શાંત જગ્યાએ
(7) quiet room :: શાંત રૂમ
(8) quiet person :: શાંત વ્યક્તિ
(9) quiet night :: શાંત રાત્રિ
1. silent ::
2. soft ::
3. peaceful ::
4. private ::
5. unobtrusive ::
6. secret ::
7. slow ::
8. restrained ::
9. subdued ::
10. still ::
13. silence ::
14. serenity ::
15. lull ::
16. tranquility ::
17. quiet down ::
1. bustle ::
2. commotion ::
3. hubbub ::
4. tumult ::
5. turmoil ::
6. unrest ::
quiet, quieted, quieten, quietened, quietening, quietens, quieter, quietest, quieting, quietly, quietness, quiets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
This has gotta be fast and QUIET.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
but when you're QUIET
even for a second,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
We\'re gonna have to be very quiet.
We\'re gonna have to be very quiet.
style="width: 100%;padding-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px;border: 0;"
We're gonna have to be very QUIET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 6
...or as QUIET as a shadow...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
English to Gujarati Dictionary: quiet
Meaning and definitions of quiet, translation in Gujarati
language for quiet with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of quiet in Gujarati and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'quiet'
What quiet means in Gujarati, quiet meaning
in Gujarati, quiet
definition, examples and pronunciation
of quiet in Gujarati language.