તરસતૃષા, તરસ લાગવી, તીવ્ર ઇચ્છા, તરસ્યું હોવું, તૃષ્ણા
Noun(1) a physiological need to drink(2) strong desire for something (not food or drink
Verb(1) feel the need to drink(2) have a craving, appetite, or great desire for
(1) So while most of the city has been left to die of starvation, thirst , heat, disease and violence, a few people have some support.(2) Those who can afford to buy clean water don't die of thirst or diarrhea.(3) A drink satisfies thirst and the coaster prevents unsightly ring marks on your desk.(4) An hour or so later the doctor saw her again and said she would be discharged if her temperature returned to normal and if she was able to hold down the water she was drinking to relieve her thirst .(5) They can be surrounded with food and water but die from starvation or thirst because they have such tiny throats that makes it impossible for them to swallow.(6) his thirst for knowledge was mainly academic(7) It's very common to mistake thirst for hunger pangs, especially before bed.(8) But once we've quenched our thirst , having just ended a cross-town walk, we're more interested in food than booze.(9) A friendly efficient staff is happy to help you quench your thirst by bringing you a drink from the fully stocked bar.(10) He crushes a cobra to save his life, moves with nomads through Somalia, and waits to die from thirst beneath a truck in the Sahara.(11) They obtain most of their water from prey but will drink seawater to satisfy thirst also.(12) The men were weary with starvation and thirst , when they were eventually rescued by Solomon Islanders loyal to the Allies.(13) He told her that whoever drank of the water of heaven would never thirst again.(14) Their tragedy was bleakly mirrored by that of the Maya, who systematically exhausted their resource base, leading to death from starvation and thirst .(15) They had no access to water, so their cattle died of thirst , and they in turn were now starving to death.(16) Hundreds of thousands, millions of Hungarian people live day to day and die from starvation, thirst and poverty in our country.
(1) thirst for knowledge :: જ્ઞાન માટે તરસ
(2) thirst for blood :: લોહી તરસ
(3) die of thirst :: તરસ મૃત્યુ
(4) thirst quenching :: તરસ quenching
2. craving ::
3. hunger ::
4. crave ::
5. lust ::
1. apathy ::
athirst, thirst, thirsted, thirstily, thirsting, thirsts, thirsty
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
One of the thieves had the audacity
to quench his THIRST...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
...and we're being offered a cracker
to quench our THIRST.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 18
A man has a THIRST.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
- Is something wrong?
- I have a THIRST.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
Hide it. Men have been known
to die of THIRST in these cells.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
English to Gujarati Dictionary: thirst
Meaning and definitions of thirst, translation in Gujarati
language for thirst with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of thirst in Gujarati and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'thirst'
What thirst means in Gujarati, thirst meaning
in Gujarati, thirst
definition, examples and pronunciation
of thirst in Gujarati language.