પહોળુંલક્ષ્ય કે માર્ગ ચૂકે એવી રીતે, પનાદાર, વિસ્તીર્ણ, મોટા વિસ્તારવાળું, ઘણાને આવરી લેનારું, મર્યાદિત
Adjective(1) having great (or a certain(2) broad in scope or content(3) (used of eyes(4) very large in expanse or scope(5) great in degree(6) having ample fabric(7) not on target
Adverb(1) with or by a broad space(2) to the fullest extent possible(3) far from the intended target(4) to or over a great extent or range; far
(1) it was just wide of the left post(2) McMahon had two good opportunities to add to his tally and claim a hat-trick but fired wide on both occasions.(3) Fuchsias come in wide varieties ranging from tall shrubs to very fragile greenhouse specimens.(4) The practice supports a wide variety of clients across the region, ranging from small local firms to national organisations.(5) The ball had been switched from side to side before finally Stark was given the scoring pass wide on the right.(6) On 11 minutes, the visitors thought that they had taken the lead but a cracking effort went inches wide of the target.(7) But this is to miss the point by such a wide margin that it amounts to yet another deliberate deceit.(8) it's the best shop in the whole wide world(9) Derry had a chance to respond immediately but Burke's free drifted wide .(10) It is located in a wide basin on the road linking India with Central Asia.(11) In restaurants and malls, however, caregiving by mothers exceeded that of fathers by a wide margin.(12) His mouth at times opened so wide it practically split his jaw.(13) That proposition won by a wide margin overall and garnered more than half the female vote.(14) Today a wide range of fresh varieties such as plum, cherry and vine tomatoes are readily available.(15) But after muscling through the defence, Murphy shot just wide of the post.(16) We have always been a wide variety of different shapes and sizes.
(1) world wide web :: વર્લ્ડ વાઈડ વેબ
(2) open wide :: ખુલ્લું વિશાળ
(3) wide angle :: પહોળો ખુણો
(4) wide area network :: વાઈડ એરિયા નેટવર્ક
(5) far and wide :: દૂર સુદૂર
(6) wide world :: વિશાળ વિશ્વ
(7) be wide awake :: વિશાળ જાગવું હોઈ
(8) wide area :: વિશાળ વિસ્તાર
1. broad ::
2. fully open ::
3. comprehensive ::
4. off target ::
5. blanket ::
6. wide-eyed ::
7. full ::
8. wide of the mark ::
9. fully ::
10. off target ::
11. widely ::
12. astray ::
1. narrow ::
2. slender ::
3. slim ::
4. thin ::
wide, widely, wideness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...yet not so WIDE
that the picture looks distorted.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 10
If I ever kill you,
your eyes will be WIDE open.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 10
There, my two uncles were known far
and WIDE for their delicious cooking.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
...nor so far WIDE
as to create a parallax distortion.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 1
That could be fun, and I know
my weekend's WIDE open now that...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 21
English to Gujarati Dictionary: wide
Meaning and definitions of wide, translation in Gujarati
language for wide with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of wide in Gujarati and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'wide'
What wide means in Gujarati, wide meaning
in Gujarati, wide
definition, examples and pronunciation
of wide in Gujarati language.