Noun(1) machine tool for shaping metal or wood; the workpiece turns about a horizontal axis against a fixed tool
(1) The lathe has a material feed mechanism and will turn out cases as long as it has rod to feed.(2) You notice the lathe and the other tools first, crafted down to each groove and handle.(3) Visitors were also shown vases that were cast from the same material and turned on a wood lathe .(4) A woodturner needs a lathe and some basic tools.(5) He will turn wood on a lathe and tend the museum's medieval garden, which has plants for household, culinary and medicinal use.(6) Since he was interested in tools, we showed him a simple lathe (a tool he had wished he could use) in a glass case at the Science Museum in London.(7) In addition to the belt-driven machines, there is an electric lathe and an electric drill press.(8) After leaving school at 14, he worked in an engineering workshop where he learnt to use a metal lathe and other equipment.(9) For example, around 1750 Antoine Thiout introduced the innovation of equipping a lathe with a screw drive.(10) In middle school, I also took wood shop and eventually became obsessed with the wood lathe .(11) He had a workshop with a lathe and other tools, where he used to go to commune in spirit with the horny handed sons of toil.(12) When Jonathan was 12, he started turning wood on a lathe .(13) Veneer is made by placing a cut log on a giant lathe and then rotating it against a cutter.(14) I take the bulk away with a wood lathe tool, take it down and smooth it out with clay tools, and buff it with a rubber pad.(15) He built his own tools - lathes and presses - mixed his inks, shaped the spheres, and printed all of his own maps, probably relying on increasingly available atlases.(16) Industrial accidents, too, are common, especially to people using high-speed machinery such as grinders, drills, saws, lathes or milling machines without adequate eye protection.
(1) lathe operator :: કાષ્ઠ ઓપરેટર
(2) lathe tool :: કાષ્ઠ સાધન
(3) wood lathe :: લાકડું કાષ્ઠ
(4) lathe work :: કાષ્ઠ કામ
(5) turning lathe :: કાષ્ઠ વળ્યાં
(6) shape with a lathe :: કાષ્ઠ સાથે આકાર
1. lathe ::
English to Gujarati Dictionary: lathe
Meaning and definitions of lathe, translation in Gujarati language for lathe with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of lathe in Gujarati and in English language.
Tags for the entry "lathe"
What lathe means in Gujarati, lathe meaning in Gujarati, lathe definition, examples and pronunciation of lathe in Gujarati language.