Noun(1) a transparent optical device used to converge or diverge transmitted light and to form images(2) genus of small erect or climbing herbs with pinnate leaves and small inconspicuous white flowers and small flattened pods: lentils(3) (metaphor(4) biconvex transparent body situated behind the iris in the eye; its role (along with the cornea(5) electronic equipment that uses a magnetic or electric field in order to focus a beam of electrons
(1) Galileo's telescope had a convex object lens but a concave eye-piece.(2) The eye fluid nourishes the bloodless lens and cornea.(3) The posterior chamber is found behind the iris and in front of the lens and ciliary bodies.(4) The vitreous humor is between the back of the lens and the retina.(5) Zooming the camera lens even further, she saw figures off to the right, walking in front of one of the gray tents.(6) Each cluster acts as a magnifying lens , greatly brightening a quasar's light.(7) Negative refraction implies that a converging lens made from negative-index material should have a concave surface rather than a convex one.(8) The dioptric system includes the cornea, the lens , the aqueous humor within the anterior eye chamber, and the vitreous body.(9) Controlled by software, tiny motors on the lens assembly and spherical camera casing allow the lens to pan and track objects.(10) In order to concentrate more light at the aperture, they placed a glass ball lens on the upper side of the tip prior to the assembly step.(11) If your subject is nearby, you can often isolate details with a normal lens or moderate telephoto.(12) The solution to this is to get right next to the glass, so that your camera lens is flush with the glass surface.(13) It could have been a bit of dirt on the lens of the telescope but it was really clear through the viewer.(14) An air bubble in water that is shaped like a normal glass lens would have roughly the opposite effect of the glass lens .(15) Stuff like this makes me want to get a fish-eye lens for my digital camera.(16) The lens of the eye works much like the lens of a camera.
(1) contact lens :: સંપર્ક લેન્સ
(2) zoom lens :: ઝૂમ લેન્સ
(3) lens cap :: લેન્સ કેપ
(4) camera lens :: કેમેરા લેન્સ
(5) hand lens :: હાથ લેન્સ
(6) lens hood :: લેન્સ હૂડ
(7) objective lens :: ઉદ્દેશ લેન્સ
(8) lens case :: લેન્સ કેસ
(9) magnifying lens :: બૃહદદર્શક લેન્સ
(10) convex lens :: બહિર્મુખ લેન્સ
1. electron lens ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Cameras 12 y 13 have changed their LENS.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 7
checked you out
with a telephoto LENS,
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 11
English to Gujarati Dictionary: lens
Meaning and definitions of lens, translation in Gujarati language for lens with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of lens in Gujarati and in English language.
Tags for the entry "lens"
What lens means in Gujarati, lens meaning in Gujarati, lens definition, examples and pronunciation of lens in Gujarati language.